Local updates

Johan van den Berg vdberj at unisa.ac.za
Thu Nov 13 07:49:26 UTC 2003

Is it possible for me to do a full mirror of the fedora downloads and
updates? We are a lot of users that will use fedora here, and would like
to cut down on bandwidth usage, and there is no local mirror here.

I would ideally then like to change all the up2date's on all the
machines to use our local repository to update fedora, but I have no
knowledge of any of the above.

Specifically, what mirror tool should I use, and how do I set up up2date
to do local updates.

Also, is it possible to write all the updates to CD, so that I can
simply insert the CD after an initial install, setup up2date to use it,
and update the install as far as possible, also minimizing the amount of
network traffic required to update a clean install.

--
Johan van den Berg
Technical Webmaster
Email: vdberj at unisa.ac.za
Cell: +2773 201 3520

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer.
Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
<<<<gwavasig>>>>
<<<< gwavasig >>>>