[ibm jdk 1.3.1] Segmentation fault with Fedora core 1

Jouni Rajala jouni.rajala at systeemiratkaisu.fi
Thu Nov 13 09:26:22 UTC 2003

> But I'm very surprised because the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 must
> desactive the nptl option and that work fine in RH 9.0 but not in
> Fedora Core.
> Moreover this option is part of the Fedroa release notes.
>
> I don't understand :'(

I am having same problem. I just have to use IBM JDK1.3 because
websphere uses it and won't work with anything else.
In RH9 that LD_ASSUME_KERNEL worked just fine. I can't understand why it
doesn't work in Fedora anymore. Something
is changed. I hope somebody could explain in more detail why that
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL doesn't work anymore.

Jouni Rajala