gDesklet RPMS

Trond Are Haugland trondare at trolltech.com
Thu Nov 13 10:41:15 UTC 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:20:11PM -0600, Allen Bierbaum wrote:
[craploads of HTML which can't be quoted in mutt]

What's the use of an RPM if it doesn't depend on everything
it needs? Anyways, got it working now, I can launch gdesklets
and even install desklets, but when I start any display it
produces lots of errors and with some desklets I get popup windows
saying this and that is missing. Let's take SysInfo as an example:

[trondare at mordor ~]$ ./Install_SysInfo_Sensor.bin

SysInfo/
SysInfo/ChangeLog
SysInfo/__init__.py
(and so on)

A popup window comes up saying it installed successfully. Ok, let's
try to launch the display:

[trondare at mordor ~]$ ./Install_SysInfo_Sensor.bin
gDesklets 0.24.1

INIT libdesklets (should happen only once)
adding 1068719659110963139061571
[/home/trondare/SysInfo/sysinfo.display]
Unhandled exception in thread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File =./SysInfo/__init__.py", line 341, in __get_sys_info_thread
  File =./SysInfo/__init__.py", line 206, in __do_sys
AttributeError: Sys instance has no attribute 'get_sysstart'

Now the desklet pops up, but it's empty, there is no monitors inside.
I haven't gotten a single desklet working right, there are similar
errors or missing stuff with all of them.

--
Trond Are Haugland <trondare at trolltech.com>
Phone: +47 21 60 48 83