FC1 + Oracle 9.2.0.4 Client + PHP oci8

Marcello Mezzanotti mezzanet at iname.com
Thu Nov 13 13:54:15 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 22:15, fred smith wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 02:00:11PM -0200, Marcello Mezzanotti wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > im trying to to rebuild php with oci support but it doest work
>
> Well, I know zilch about PHP, but I have installed Oracle client
> on Linux a few times. One thing that leaps out at me is if you're
> using 9i you won't have an "oci8" package anywhere on the system.
> If (as it appears at a casual glance) PHP is looking for, or at
> least expects there to be, a set of oci8 tools on the machine,
> I imagine it's going to be disappointed.

well, i think the problem is something in spec file, not sure, because
the oci8.so is there, compiled, and if i manualy put it on php module
dir and include it, it works, i tried to compile php  with oci8 shared
suport myself and worked too, btw, i rebuild php.src.rpm with oci8
suport on rh73 and rh9 with oracle9 clients and all worked fine

| Marcello Mezzanotti <mezzanet at iname.com>            ICQ: 1845241 |
| Network/System/Security Administrator                            |
| http://mezzanet.homeunix.org                                     |
|                    Linux / FreeBSD / OpenBSD                     |

Oh my God, they killed INIT, you BASTARDS!!!!

BOFH Excuse: bad ether in the cables