SSH Public Key Authentication Isn't Working

FearOfCarpet FearOfCarpet at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 14:20:44 UTC 2003

	what are the users home dir permissions?  they have to be 700 for it to work.
	or 701 if you gives users webspace from there home dir  as well the .ssh dir
	has to be 700 also as do the files inside .ssh

	Dennis

Good call! I didn't even think of that... I told Fedora I didn't want to use "private home directories" (a Windows-esque feature of the Fedora installer) so it gave my home dirs global read permissions. Chmod 700 did the trick.

Thanks!