kerberized version of fetchmail? (corrected)

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 16:22:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:23:25AM -0800, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Thanks! I do have the following set up:
>
> poll itsme_410.mailserver.yahoo.com with proto KPOP auth kerberos_v4
>         principal pop.pop.yahoo.com at YAHOO.COM uidl
>
> Shouldn't KPOP automatically do that? Or do I need to explicitly put in more
> stuff?

Ooh, KPOP.  That's different from GSSAPI.  (For the uninitiated: KPOP is
a Kerberos IV-for-POP hack.)

Fetchmail isn't built with KPOP support in FC1, partly because people
should just stop using Kerberos IV, partly because testing it is a pain,
but more practically because of what I suspect are some problems with
getting the krb4 stuff building with the headers and libraries provided
by a krb5 package.

Nalin