Kernel compilation?

Justin L Croonenberghs danruiid at geekstuff.info
Thu Nov 13 17:42:10 UTC 2003

I don't know if this has already been covered, but I've not found anything
in my extensive searching of the message archive....

Is anyone else having problems installing the commercial version of the
Open Sound System? (http://www.opensound.com/) Unfortunately, I own a
Sound Blaster Live! "Dell" version, which uses an enhanced version of the
Live! chip, meaning you only Windows and commercial OSS drivers exist for
it at the moment. Yay.

So, anyways, install the software, usual deal, I find out it needs the
kernel source so it can rebuild itself, so I go and install the kernel
source and all the development tools, and then I:

make mrproper
make oldconfig
make dep
make clean
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
make install

all that fun noise. So, later, after a reboot just to be sure, I try to
install OSS again, and it refuses, saying unable to compile, exactly the
same error message as before! Grr!

Any suggestions?

--
Justin L Croonenberghs
Webmaster/Owner, Geek Stuff

http://www.geekstuff.info/
Sometimes, I even update.

"Never memorize what you can look up" - Albert Einstein