2 Gb File Size Limit ?

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Thu Nov 13 18:09:01 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 21:38, Zate wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if Fedora will have a 2 Gb file size limit ?  I am
> trying to copy a VMWare image from a DVD to my home dir (got plenty of
> space) and it stops with a IO Error at about 2 Gb.  Wanted to know if its
> a limit of the OS/File System because I can copy the file fine in Windows.

I had ~ 34 Gb tar backup last week. No problem with RedHat 9 (and maybe 8),
so there's no OS/FS limit (at least not with ext3). Then I split-ed it into
700Mb chunks to burn it on CDs. After this I've tested it to see if I can
use it to recover the system - all fine. RedHat 7.? seems to have 2Gb limit.

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev