Installing Oracle9i

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Nov 14 01:42:21 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:38:42PM +0100, Raúl Moratalla wrote:
> I'm trying to install Oracle9i Server on FC1 but it can't create the
> JavaVM and gives the next error
>
> /tmp/OraInstall/jre/bin/../lib/i686/green_threads/libzip.so: symbol
> errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
> reference (libzip.so)
> Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread
> Could not create Java VM
>
> Must I install any old library for compatibility? Why does this happen?

Check out www.puschitz.com, where there is a lot of oracle/linux
info.

I haven't tried it yet on Fedora, but I'd guess, wildly, that following
the directions given there for RH9 might be a good place to start.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ------------------------ ----
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?