ximian connector

Pete Nuwayser nuwayser at pug.ftc.gov
Fri Nov 14 15:46:19 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 19:56, Ben Russo wrote:
> Pete Nuwayser wrote:
>
> >Anyone know if ximian connector works with fedora core 1?
> >
> Kind of.
> You can use the ximian-connector-1.4.5-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm
> which you can get from the Ximian FTP site in the developers release
> (unstable)
> branches.

Having trouble finding this on ftp.ximian.com (and on mirrors)... can
you be more specific?

> You will get warning messages about libcom_err and libgal-2.0 versions.
> I just did an "rpm -Uvh --nodeps" to install it,
> then I made the following softlinks:
>      ln -s /usr/lib/libgal-2.0.so.5 /usr/lib/libgal-2.0.so.3
>     mkdir /usr/kerberos/lib/
>      ln -s /lib/libcom_err.so.3 /usr/kerberos/lib/libcom_err.so.3
> run "ldconfig"
>
> You will be able to start Ximian evolution and run with it, it will work
> fine.
> But I always get an error message when closing Evolution.
> I just ignore the error on closing.  Everything else works fine.

Great, that's what I was hoping to hear!

> 1.4.5 is MUCH MUCH faster and more stable than the older versions I used.

Is 1.4.5 the version that comes with FC1?

MUCH thanks,
Pete

--
Pete Nuwayser <nuwayser at pug.ftc.gov>      Federal Trade Commission
Internet Lab Systems Administrator   Bureau of Consumer Protection