2 Gb File Size Limit ?

Matheesha m.weerasinghe at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 14 20:19:12 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 19:02, Mike Peterson wrote:
> I have greater that 32 GB Fat 32 partitions on Windows XP.
> There is no prevention mentioned when I did the install from scratch.

My understanding is that the file system creation of more than 32Gb is
prevented in Windows 2000/XP environments only. So if you booted using a
Windows 98 recovery disk and used the fdisk and format tools provided to
create a new partition and FAT32 file system it probably wont prevent
it.

Nevertheless I will be testing at the earliest opportunity.

M@