I've taken a step into a larger world....

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Fri Nov 14 21:09:29 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 05:27, Peter Backlund wrote:
> >     Now...if someone can tell me the secret of the holy grail, I'd be
> > set.  Until then, maybe someone knows how to run TeamSpeak with Enemy
> > Territory?  Quake stuff won't open unless it has 'sole' control of the
> > sound devices...and you can't spawn anything from ET. Go figure...
>
> Depends on the sound card. If you have a Soundblaster 64/128, i.e.
> you're using the es1370/es1371 module, you can run the game (Quake or
> ET) with +set snddevice /dev/dsp1, and TeamSpeak on /dev/dsp as usual.
> dsp1 is playback only, so you can do it the other way around.
>
> Make sure esd and arts are turned off.

    Wow; I was so close...and even closer now.  That *should* work just
fine, and I'd almost bet money it will.  But I'm using an SBLive, and
the about step puts it out through my 'surround' speakers...making it
hard to hear.

    I'll bet there's a mechanism under ALSA to have multiple connections
like this, too...but I dread the work of getting ALSA back in here
again.  Thanks for the info- I think I can get something working, with
time!

    Cheers!
Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262