Up2date, RHN, questions / Fatal Error Comm. w/ Server ?

Clint clint at pt3newtech.org
Sat Nov 15 12:22:29 UTC 2003

I ran the rpm below at 7:20 on Nov 15 (both the applet and the debug
info rpm's) but get the following error when using up2date from either
the command line or the gui:

There was a fatal error communicating with the server.  The message was:

An HTTP error occurred:
Status Code: 404
Error Message: Not Found

I then ran the configuration for the applet available by right-clicking
on the icon. I kept clicking forward, and a few alerts later get a
Congratulations note.

Prior to running the rpm, I could get the updates via the command line.

Clint

Dave Roberts wrote:
> If you haven't already, go here and download 2.1.4 which seems to fix
> all this (it did for me):
>
> http://people.redhat.com/~veillard/testing/FC1/i386/rhn-applet/2.1.4/
>
> On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 12:31, Kevin Hanser wrote:
>
>>I have a question about retrieving updates for FC1.  In previous
>>versions of redhat, the rhn-applet-gui would display a nifty icon on
>>the taksbar when there were updates for available packages.  (also
>>could use rhn-applet-tui from the command line to do the same)  Now
>>with FC1, my rhn-applet-gui always shows a blue checkmark, indicating
>>that there aren't any updates to be installed.  However, as I've read
>>on the list and looked @ the web site, there are a few updates
>>available.
>>
>>Is there a reason why the icon in the taskbar isn't working?  Do I
>>need to configure rhn-applet-gui to look someplace else, or does it
>>just not work anymore?  (If it doesn't work... are there plans to make
>>it work again?)
>>
>>I've not used up2date in the past, but rather I would just manually
>>download the packages when I noticed there were updates...
>>
>>thx

Clint <Clint at PT3Newtech.org>