Problems with X. Resolution over 800x600

Frank Merenda fmerenda at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 15:41:08 UTC 2003

> I've just installed FC1 on my brand New DELL
ispirion 500m. Went pretty
> smooth, execpt for the screen. It is a SXGA+
(1400x1050). The thing is
[...}
> Thats results in a 800x600 screen with 1000 colors.
I have updated the
[...]
> screen. So my problem is basicly to get the
resolution up to 1400x1050.
> You can se my XF86free file here:
>
> www.student.dtu.dk/~s011564/XF86Config
>
> I have been trying to play with the refresh rates
but that didn't help.
[...]
> Can anyone help? Thanks!
> /Thomas

Thomas,

Try this:
run:
redhat-config-xfree86

choose hardware, then monitor
go to the 'Generic LCD' section at the top (second one
down)
choose 'LCD panel 1400x1050'

Then change your resolutiont to be 1400x1050. close
all the dialogs, log out and restart X
(control-alt-backspace) and you should be greeted with
a login that's at 1400x1050.

Good luck,
-Frank

=====
- Frank Merenda
PLEASE VISIT THE SITE BELOW TO SEE THREE GREAT DOGS WHO NEED HOMES!
HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THEM.
http://www.frankandjacq.com/louise/
--
Co-Author - Uptime - http://www.steidler.net/uptime/
  -a community based Linux blog and newsletter-