mozilla stopped working

Matt Temple mht at research.dfci.harvard.edu
Sat Nov 15 15:59:13 UTC 2003

David C. Hart wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 10:42, M.Hockings wrote:
>
>>I must admit that I don't know at what stage mozilla has stopped as I
>>was doing a number of things with this one machine yesterday.  However
>>now when I click on the mozilla startup icon at the bottom of the screen
>>it appears to begin to start but then just ends without any messages
>>displayed.  Is there a way to determine why mozilla is not starting,
>>then I might have a hope about fixing it.
>

> You will probably get more information if you try to launch Moz from a
> terminal command prompt rather than the icon.
>
>                                ---------
>             Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence

You'd think, but I couldn't find any sign of an error in either the
messages file or anywhere I normally look.   It just died until I got
the right Java and the right link in place.   I've gone band and forth
between 1.2 and 1.4.1 (that's the one with Fedora, yes?) and had to make
this change by hand each time.

						mht

Matthew Temple                Tel:    617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing  Fax:    617/632-4012
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute  mht at research.dfci.harvard.edu
44 Binney Street,  JF 314     http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115              Choice is the Choice!