Count-to-three and shut down

Matheesha m.weerasinghe at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 16 02:12:15 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 08:31, Kevin Francis wrote:
> it's supposed to darken it like that, but not so slowly. it's prolly X
> being slow.
>

> On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 14:00, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> > A few weeks back I noted in the fedora-beta list that, after selecting
> > Log Out -> Shut down, my screen darkens in three distinct top-to-bottom
> > passes with maybe a 1 second pause between each. At least one other
> > Severn user reported seeing the same thing.

I am experiencing the same behaviour. I just thought it was the norm and
the linux equivalent of the shutdown process as in Windows XP. The
graphics card is an ATI Xpert 2000 Pro using the r128 module. Its also a
clean install of FC1. Incidentally I noticed this in the FC test3 beta
as well. I didn't try the other FC beta releases.

M@