diva-mp3, smc-barricade

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sun Nov 16 12:40:37 UTC 2003

M.Hockings wrote:

> Baan Zoltan wrote:
>
>> the other thing is, i have smc-barricade router and a printer connected
>> to it. Anyone using printers the similar way?
>

> I am using a printer in the same way.  Currently I print to it via a
> share on a Windows box (which rather defeats the purpose of the whole
> setup).  If you find a driver for the SMC please let us know!

do you really need a driver for the smc-printserver and not only for the
printer ?

i have an noname-printserver (mostly = http://sercomm.com -printserver)

# arp 192.168.101.250
Address                  HWtype  HWaddress           Flags
Mask            Iface192.168.101.250          ether
00:C0:02:43:68:13   C                     eth1

# nmap 192.168.101.250

Starting nmap 3.48 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2003-11-16 13:26 CET
Interesting ports on 192.168.101.250:
(The 1651 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
21/tcp   open  ftp
23/tcp   open  telnet
80/tcp   open  http
515/tcp  open  printer
3000/tcp open  ppp
9100/tcp open  jetdirect

works without problems as remote-unix-printer

eg.
kyocera queue "l1"
hpdeskjet queue "l2"
epson queue "l3"