Browsing a Windows shared directory?

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sun Nov 16 14:50:47 UTC 2003

Bryan Anderson ha scritto:
> antonio montagnani wrote:
>
>> You have to make it start at start-up by running redhat-
>
>  > config-services and allowing smb service to start.
>
>> I suggest anyway to install Webmin (www.webmin.com) and
>
>  > by System/Bootup and Shutdown settimb Samba to start
>  > at Boot-time.
>
> Well - I'm out of my depth now. Samba is installed and is running and I
> have installed Webmin (looks like a truly useful bit of software) but
> just have no clue on what needs to go in what box. I think I might need
> to leave this until someone comes up with a 'beginners guide to
> accessing windows shares'
>
> Bryan Anderson
>

> --

Please visit www.samba.org for more information....but it easy, very
easy, basically you have to edit a samba.conf file located in /etc/samba
directory.

You can make same editing by Webmin, first of all you have to have same
Workgroup both on Linux Pc and Win Pc.

Give a try.....and have a look at samba.conf that has very good comments...

Let me know if you succeed...in any case if you don't have samba running
you cannot share printers connected to Linux Pc by Window Pc's...

Rgds

--

  Antonio

  Written with  Mozilla 1.4.1 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
  You can grab Mozilla at www.mozilla.org
  Scritto con Mozilla 1.4.1 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
  Puoi scaricare Mozilla presso www.mozilla.org