[OT] Linux leaders offer education discount

Mike Lyman mlyman-linux at comcast.net
Sun Nov 16 14:47:34 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 03:14, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> as soon as i saw "RHEL", its appeal lessened considerably for me.
> but i'm willing to hear opposing points of view.

Years of working with Windows products convinced me most computer users
have no interest in the latest and greatest. If they were, there would
not be all those Win98 systems still out there.

The less cutting edge RHEL will be fine for most of these people,
assuming they get over having to pay for something they were able to get
for free. Otherwise they may have to get a bit more cutting edge and
adapt fedora.
--
Mike Lyman