Another Fedora-supporting web site

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Sun Nov 16 21:04:06 UTC 2003

Am So, den 16.11.2003 schrieb Fernando Fernandez um 21:15:
> Never mind, I figured it out! thank you everybody!!! but I noticed it
> feched a development package, I selected "personal PC" from
> installer...does up2date download updates for packages I don't have...?

Not by default. By default it's just for updateing.

>From the commandline you can still do "up2date <package>" to install new
packages. Up2date will download the newest version and resolve
dependencies.

I recommend you use yum for installing new packages. "yum install
<package>"

Before you can do so, you have to update your /etc/yum.conf with the
sources I have mailed to you, just change the URLs.

Christoph