Up2date and Arjan's 2.6 test kernel

Dan Goodes fedora-list at planetmirror.com
Mon Nov 17 05:46:40 UTC 2003

Actually - I was wrong, but I'm still confused.

I was trying to install kernel-unsupported, which from "rpm -qi
kernel-unsupported" is just a supplimental package that installs modules
and features that are in the kernel.org kernel but redhat have not QA'd
yet. From what I can tell, one still needs to install the "kernel" package
as well, which is the base 2.6.0-test kernel.

However, if i try to use "up2date --nosig kernel", it tells me that the
package is already up to date. How do i tell up2date to install (NOT
upgrade) the kernel from arjan's apt repo?

I want to use up2date (or similar) so I don't have to go hunting down
dependancies - can anybody give me the few simple steps to get the 2.6.0
test kernel installed (separately from the stock 2.4.22 FC kernel)?

-dan