Mozilla search stopped working...

Brian Anderson bikehead at amberpoint.com
Mon Nov 17 14:02:48 UTC 2003

I regularly use search in Mozilla where one types some search key words
into the URL box, add a trailing space, and then tab down to the entry
in the dropo down for "Search for <xxx>"  where <xxx> are the search
terms.  In RH9 this would invoke Google and open a search page for those
terms.  In FC1 it give me "invalid URL".  Even when I invoke the address
pulldown myself it exibits this behavior.

If I enter the search terms and hit the search buttong I get a "HTTP
Status 500 - No Context Configured to process this request" message from
"http://search.netscape.com/cgi-bin/search?search=<xxx>" where <xxx> are
the search terms.  But I selected Google as my search engine.

What's going on here?  I've used Mozilla 1.4 on RH9 and it never did this.

-Brian