what is needed to get rhgb working in lilo

Bret Hughes bhughes at elevating.com
Mon Nov 17 16:21:38 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 10:04, Bret Hughes wrote:
> I want to see the graphical boot provided in fedora but since this is an
> upgrade and I use lilo what do I need to do?
>
> Bret

Looking at the archives on fedora-test I found that the rhgb option
should be passed to the kernel so I added append="rhgb" and in dmesg I
see:

Kernel command line: auto BOOT_IMAGE=gboot ro root=30c
BOOT_FILE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl rhgb

/etc/sysconfig/init has:

# Turn on graphical boot
GRAPHICAL=yes

This machine boots into runlevel 4 if that makes any difference.  I
assume that since this is passed via a kernel option this is of no
consequence.

Bret