I'd like to say help!!

Edward Croft ecroft at openratings.com
Mon Nov 17 17:16:39 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 11:51, Fernando Fernandez wrote:
> 	I can't get Java or flash plug-ins to work, everything is installed
> correctly as far as I can tell. Can anyone help?
>
> 	Although I am aware it defeats the purpose of an entirely open source
> distribution. coming with these packages "out of the box" and working
> properly, would help bring more users from the dark-side of computing...

Fernando, I had to install a different version of java. Search the
archives there was a message recently on this. I just don't have it
handy. As far as Java, Adrian wrote in a recent post:

>FYI, I had to take an extra step to get the Flash plugin (standard
>RPM) to work in Mozilla Firebird (standard RPM). I had to create
>symlinks from /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so and
>/usr/lib/flash-plugin/flashplayer.xpt to ~/.mozilla/plugins/. Then >it
worked perfectly.

I usually copy it to /usr/local/mozilla/plugins so that it is available
to all users, but then again, I immediately had upgraded mozilla after
install. If you are using the stock mozilla installed with Fedora, then
the copy to directory should be /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.