Sound-Juicer / Rhythmbox problems

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Mon Nov 17 17:04:47 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 03:17, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> I'm noticing some .ogg files I'm ripping won't open in Rhythmbox,
> for some reason it comes up saying it couldn't load them.  ogg123
> seems to play them fine however.  Has anyone seen this?  Is it a
> problem in the ripping side, or a problem with Rhythmbox?

    That's odd.  Did 'Juicer rip them as .oggs, or maybe they were just
renamed .ogg, but are .mp3's in disguise?  I'm told it won't rip oggs,
but I've not tried that, yet.

    I do know that it plays my oggs just fine...but mine were ripped
with Grip...

    (Keep me aware; I'm considering updating)
Brian Fahrländer                     Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                    http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262