Issues with kerberos and/or pam_krb5 on FC1?

Andrew Leahy aleahy at knox.edu
Mon Nov 17 21:11:11 UTC 2003

Hello,

I've installed FC1 on one of my systems and I'm having trouble
authenticating to (an Active Directory) kerberos server using pam_krb5
(configured via authconfig).   Whenever a user attempts to log in--I've
tried ssh and gdm--authentication fails and the following is written to
/var/log/messages:

Nov 17 13:40:22 huygens sshd[19040]: pam_krb5[19040]: authentication
fails for 'aleahy': Authentication failure (KDC reply did not match
expectations)
Nov 17 13:40:22 huygens sshd[19040]: pam_krb5[19040]: account checks
fail for 'aleahy': unknown reason -1765328237 (KDC reply did not match
expectations)

I don't think this is a problem with the kerberos libraries, since I'm
able to run kinit and obtain tokens manually.  I'm also able to use this
same authentication scheme with RedHat 9 systems.

I haven't seen anything about this in bugzilla, but I've googled it and
found somebody else who reports the same issue:

http://web.brandeis.edu/pages/view/Bio/FedoraCore1Notes

Does anybody have any ideas about what is up here?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Leahy

---