dual boot laptop

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Tue Nov 18 01:50:42 UTC 2003

I've putting in my 2 cents.

laptop is a Dell D600 1.4Ghz Centrino + 512MB Ram + 30GB HD + 14" SXGA+

Currently running on RH9. Not upgraded to FC1 yet.

Dual boots RH9 and XP using NT Bootloader. RH( loads by grub via
chainloader)

RH( is running with VMware. I have Win2K installed under VMware to use non
native apps that can't work under wine). I also have freeBSD running under
VMware.

Sound is OK(ALSA). Wifi does not work (Intel pro-wireless) due to lack of
drivers from intel. Got a Netgear MA401 wifi card to use.

Only regrets.. GET a Bigger HD!!! El;se it would be a triple/quadruple boot
system!! (gentoo/mandrake/suse/fc1/rh9 etc..)

Batt life is a bit sucky.. 2.30 hours on a 6cell 48WH 4320mah batt. (it's
slightly better in XP)