Fedora for laptops ... Re: Dell Precision M60 LapTop (Built-in Wireless) support

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 18 03:27:33 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Jonathan C. Sitte wrote:

> | 'modprobe speedstep-centrino' with cpudyn package gets speedstep.
>
> My cpu speed stays the same on my laptop using ACPI:
>
> model name      : Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.00GHz

I use APM.  I dont think this works with ACPI. If you could use APM -
the moudle for a P4 could be 'speedstep-ich'.

The APM scripts don't automatically change the freq. I managed to
change it manually (as mentioned in the release notes) - but cpudyn
does this when there is cpu load (with or without power cable
connected)

Satish