java setup in openoffice.org

Keith G. Robertson-Turner redhat-forums at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 06:42:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 19:50, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> On Lu, 2003-11-17 at 14:07, Paul Thomas wrote:
> > On 17/11/2003 08:59 Marius Andreiana wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > How to setup jave for openoffice.org? OO.o says one should run jvmsetup,
> > > but that binary is missing on FC1.
> > > Tools - Options doesn't have any reference to java.
> > Tools->Options->OpenOffice.org->Security
> It only enables it if it was previously setup with jvmsetup.
> Here's the explanation from fedora-devel:
>
> First, the issue of missing Java.  We do not build OOo with Java
> enabled, because we cannot distribute a JVM with Fedora.  Therefore,
> Java support in OOo is disabled.

Hmmm, I just tried building OOo using a modified spec file (uncommented
out the java patches) and specifically enabled java. I also built for a
i686 target.

It got about 1 hour into the build, then failed with something like:

**********
odk
xmlhelp

You need to rebuild these modules

exit

I'll try again, but "2>&1" to a log this time, to get the details.

Yup, I could (and previously did) install from the OOo binary distro,
but I'm an rpm junkie, so ...

--
[H]omer