Top posting and "no subject" messages.

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Nov 18 22:05:59 UTC 2003

On November 18, 2003 04:38 pm, Keith G. Robertson-Turner "Keith G.
Robertson-Turner" <redhat-forums at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk> wrote:
> > A: <enter flame, long, illogical tirade here>
I think you misunderstood. ... Not *my* answer, but the answer i would expect
of the person(s) to whom the question is addressed.

> However, flaming them is pointless, since 50% of all top posters are
> clueless newbies (flaming a newbie is like punching a baby) and 50% used

Given the general ASSumption that English is the lingua franca of
Internet and International communications. Think of this: What if
you were in a discussion group where the standard language
was of an Indo-Eurasian family (e.g. hebrew, japanese, hindi).
Would you start writing from right to left, instead of the accepted
practice of from left to right _just because_ you felt like it?

As I've said, whatever you write in this medum (the Internet) is
there for the future and for all to see. Refusing to adhere to certain
accepted standards is not merely disrespectful and considerate
of others, but in the end, it is a mark of total disrespect for ONESELF.

I have been very patient watching this very busy list, and the many
"top posted" messages, HTML, and "no subject" ones.

NOTE: I am not seeking to impose my will or opinions on ANYONE.
My post was intended as a _gentle reminder_ or "heads up" to
users, new and old.

I will warn you against crossing on a red light, or the dangers
of smoking, but if you insist on getting run over by a truck, or
poisoning your lungs, <*SHRUG*> it's no skin off my nose!

"Vive et laisse mourir" I always say!

cheers,

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.