Fedora, Debian or Gentoo

Martin Marques martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Wed Nov 19 00:20:38 UTC 2003

El Mar 18 Nov 2003 20:25, Sam Barnett-Cormack escribió:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Matt Temple wrote:
>
> > Most of the differences I've found so far are small.   Others on this
> > list have clearly been having diffulties.  Some packages with unclear
> > licensing (such as Pine) have been removed.
>
> Now, the problem I have here is that it seems that the association with
> RedHat is actually holding Fedora back. Look at other community-orient
> distros - how many of those miss out Pine, or mp3 tools?

All do (see if you can fins a Debian pine package for my SPARC). You will
eventualy have third party community with a pine for your
Fedora/Debian/Gentoo (don't know about Gentoo policies).

> Thread drift, dontcha love it?

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques at unl.edu.ar
Programador, Administrador, DBA |       Centro de Telemática
                       Universidad Nacional
                            del Litoral