CD Recording software opinions asked

Keith G. Robertson-Turner redhat-forums at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 02:48:15 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 02:12, Thomas wrote:
> What is the CD Recording Software of your choice?
>
> I personally cant find a 'verify' option in Gnometoaster. I personally
> feel uneasy burning CDs without verifying the content, but cant find any
> better recording software.
>
> Opinions?

Hi Thomas,

Just a quick point, that if you're going to start a new topic, don't do
it as a "reply" to another topic. It's confusing and gets lost in the
list.

Ok, you should be aware that (other than GearPro at $799) there really
is only one CD burning app on linux, and thats cdrecord. Used together
with other tools such as mkisofs, it is what actually does the
"burning". Cdrecord only runs from the shell (CLI), which is by design
(testament to the modular nature of Linux). The app you refer to
(gnometoaster) is simply a front-end (GUI) to cdrecord & mkisofs.

There are a few front-ends available. My favourite used to be XCDRoast,
but recently I found something way better ... K3B. (www.k3b.org)

K3B seriously rocks!

Check it out for yourself.

--