Evolution Address Book format

Bill Anderson bill at noreboots.com
Tue Nov 18 16:02:52 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 09:34, Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used OUTPORT to extract data from OUTLOOK and created an address book
> (actually two files) for Ximian Evolution. These created files re then
> just copied or moved  into ~/evolution/local/Contacts on/in the Linux
> box and re-start Evolution, and you'll see all of your Contacts.
>
> Try and reverse the process, as you will have a template against which
> you can draw upon -
>
> http://outport.sourceforge.net/
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Chris Cz

With all due respect Chris, the problem the OP posted was not coming
from Outlook, so installing windows and going through that whole problem
wouldn't really help.

Here are some links to python scripts that extract data from the
EVOLUTION contact database files:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-February/144333.html

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-March/028307.html
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-March/028308.html
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-March/028310.html
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2003-March/028314.html

I've got a similar one running around here somewhere but for the life of
me can't find it.

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773