Installation of fedora

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at weiss.name
Tue Nov 18 16:07:56 UTC 2003

> Hello
>
> I have a problem with the install of the Core Fedora OS.  The following
> steps have been successfully completed:
>
> 1.  Downloaded yarrow-i386-disc1.iso, yarrow-i386-disc2.iso,
> yarrrow-i386-disc3.iso
>
> 2. Ran the md5sum and verified each iso file.
>
> 3. Burn the iso images to a TDK 650MB cdr disk. (iso9660 filesystem)

Some older CD-ROM readers have a problem reading a CD-R if, when you burn
the image, you don't tell the program to "close the disk".

When you are burning your .iso to disk, try to find the setting to "finalize
the disk".  Click the check box, then burn your image.  We had all kinds of
problems here at work with older hardware until we started doing that.

Ben