Possibility of starting install with kernel 2.6test

Vikram Goyal viki at bol.net.in
Tue Nov 18 17:22:01 UTC 2003

Hello,

I have Pentium 2.4Ghz with Intel 865GBF motherboard and a Seagate SATA
drv. Well, the install of RH9 dosen't recognize the drv and I suspect
that it's the case with Fedora also.

What I did was that I created an install boot floppy, compiled a really
stripped down version of kernel 2.6test, replaced the vmlinuz of boot
floppy with the new one. But the floppy booted the already installed
linux rather than start the install process from Cdrom.

Could someone tell me why the install did not start??

Regards!
--
vikram...
--