RHN notification icon

Thomas DuVally tduvally at brown.edu
Wed Nov 19 19:23:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 13:51, Marc Williams wrote:
> I noticed a couple hours ago that there were some new files (Mozilla) in
> the fedora upgrade directories.  Indeed, I received a notice of these
> new files from the Fedora Announce list.  But rather than just plowing
> ahead with an upgrade of these Mozilla files, I thought I'd wait until
> my Notification icon turned into a red bang.
> Does anyone have any idea about how long that takes?  Is that period of
> time configurable?

/etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd

This controls how often rhn-check runs.

The default time period is 240 min (2 hours)

I set mine to 30.  I know that under the actual red-hat network it can't
be set below 120. It would default to 240 if it was, but since up2date
is checking against yum, I'm hoping that is no longer the case.

--
TJ DuVally

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x15F233F6