mgetty and external sportster modem

beigi beigi at internetserver.com
Wed Nov 19 20:19:46 UTC 2003

I have installed Frdora Core on a machine which has an external Sportster
faxmodem attached to serial 0.  I have been using this configuration for
receiving faxes for over 6 years with different versions of RedHat.
Suddenly, it is not working anymore with Fedora.

I have the following line in my /etc/inittab:

S0:34:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -x 3 ttyS0

I have also configured the mgetty.conf file the way I have always been
doing.  Has anyone gotten any similar configuration to work with Fedora and
the mgetty which comes on CD3?

Thanks in advacne,
Homayoon