KDE 3.1.93 for Fedora spotted

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Thu Nov 20 04:15:05 UTC 2003

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 04:04, Than Ngo wrote:
>

>>yesterday i have uploaded KDE 3.2 Beta 1 for Fedora Core 1 to
>>ftp.kde.org ;-)
>

> Someone that d/l'd and installed it said there were menu
> changes/problems and a few programs crashing.
>
> Is there something that stops the menu deal or is consistant with the
> menu in FC 1?

I downloaded the rpms to a local directory. When I tried to update the
packages, I got these errors from up2date.

Are these the programs that crash?

Jim

> Test install failed because of package conflicts:
file /usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.calc.desktop from
install of kdelibs-3.1.93-0.1 conflicts
with file from package openoffice.org-1.1.0-6
file /usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.draw.desktop from
install of kdelibs-3.1.93-0.1 conflicts
with file from package openoffice.org-1.1.0-6
file /usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.impress.desktop from
install of kdelibs-3.1.93-0.1 conflicts
with file from package openoffice.org-1.1.0-6
file /usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.desktop from