can't update mozilla with up2date

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Thu Nov 20 18:38:21 UTC 2003

Ben Stringer wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 16:59, M.Hockings wrote:
>

>>A while ago I had a problem with mozilla not running and one kind sole
>>here gave me a command that fixed things (deleted the config or
>>something, I'm not sure right now and don't have the note in front of
>>me).   How can I tell if I use this galeon thing (yes, I realize that
>>does sound dumb).  As far as I know I don't and if it is not
>>infrastructure for something else I'd be just as happy to remove it in
>>order to be able to update mozilla.
>>

>Galeon is a light-weight Gnome browser based on mozilla's rendering
>engine. You would be safe to remove it. Galeon was replaced by Epiphany
>in Fedora Core 1.
>
>See the FC1 release notes for details - /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-1
>
>Cheers, Ben

OK, thanks all.  I'll se what the release notes have to say on this and
give removing Galeon a whirl as I don't use it.

I guess I have it installed because my FC1 install is really an upgrade
install from RH9 which I presume had Galeon.  Can I expect to see more
hitches like this due to the upgrade rather than clean install?

Kind regards,

Mike