redhat-config-httpd

Steven Stern sds-email-list at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 21 02:57:43 UTC 2003

I'm trying to set up virtual hosting on my server using redhat-config-httpd.
When it sets up the virtual hosts, they seem to be created but any attempt to
access them as http://myvirutualhost results in an error:

 [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Directory index forbidden by rule:
/var/www/html/virtualroot

The docs show how to edit httpd.conf, but the redhat config module seems to
keep it's own copy and overwrites any hand edits if it's used later.

Now, I seem to have completely messed it up (using only rh-cf-h) so that
indexing is forbidden even in /var/www/html.

HELP!  I'm getting really frustrated.

 -- Steve