Grub + WinXP

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Fri Nov 21 08:16:42 UTC 2003

Am Do, den 20.11.2003 schrieb Roger Beever um 23:15:
> Admittedly I'm using RHEL -3 but my grub sees the XP as MSdos.

I suppose, you refer to the OS listing to choose from  when grub starts.
It's a matter of naming. You can open the file
   /boot/grub/grub.conf
and look for a line
   title   DOS
and change the DOS to Windows XP or whatever.

> My xp is on hda and the Linux is on hdb.

That's the usual way. For a long time Windows could not boot from the
second drive. Actually the issue may be solved, I'm not shure.

Peter