Upgrading from Redhat7.2 to new Fedora release?

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Fri Nov 21 15:28:26 UTC 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Leguijt, Jaap J SIEP-EPT-AER wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a computer running with the Redhat 7.2 release of Linux. What is the procedure I need to follow if I want to upgrade my machine to the newest Fedora release?

I have one machine which started off as RH8.
I used apt-for-rpm to dist-upgrade this to RH9  (Google for a Howto)
Then I used Yum to upgrade to Fedora.

In a production environment, I would say a 7.2 to Fedora upgrade is too
big a step. Back up all local data and config files and do a reinstall.

I'll admit though that I could be wrong and simply putting in Fedora CDs
and upgrading will do it - but somehow I doubt it.