USB Pen Drive?

Fri Nov 21 14:58:08 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 08:15, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> Marc Schwartz wrote:
> >
> > The setting that I have in the first line enables me to access the flash
> > card reader as any standard fat file system.
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> My problem is: I don't know which device to mount. That's why I included
> all those details. However, because the subject line is wrong and my
> details were *after* my signature, I resent the mail.
>
> Do you know which device to mount?
>
> Guus.

In reviewing those details, I am not sure that I saw anything to my eye
that would indicate the particular /dev that is appropriate.

In my case, after reviewing several web sites where folks had posted
their experience, I tried a couple of options that led me to the choices
that I now have in my /etc/fstab.

It may be that you will need to play around a bit until you find a
setting that works for you, but I would at least start with /dev/sda1
and /dev/sdb1 and see what results you get.  If neither of those work, I
would try to increment to /dev/sda2 and/or /dev/sdb2.

It shouldn't be, but it may be a matter of some trial and error, unless
you can locate unequivocal information for your particular reader and
perhaps even media type.

I hope that provides some additional guidance. Perhaps someone else will
jump in with a more refined set of details.

Marc