Compiling the 2.6 kernel question.

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Mon Nov 24 08:46:29 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 01:27, Elam Daly wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> I'm reading the 2.6 kernel documentation, and I've noticed that it
> requires procps > 3.1.13 and that fedora ships with 2.017.
> Has anyone had problems with compilation using fedora and if so, how did
> you remedy the situation?

In fact, you don't need procps to *compile* a 2.6 kernel, but the
special, new semantics of the 2.6 kernel requires and updated procps
package to display some new information.

However, Fedora procps package already includes a lot of stuff that is
2.6-aware (I'm running 2.6.0-test9-mm5 on Fedora and haven't upgraded a
single package), so you are on the safe side ;-)