2.6 Kernel

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 24 20:11:56 UTC 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:04:42 -0500
Kreg Steppe <kreg at virtual1.net> wrote:

> Has anyone else had the problem, while running the 2.6 Test10, with the
> mouse having a slight pause from time to time? I found that it was the
> battery applet (for my notebook) I guess polling for batter status. Can
> anyone shine some light on why is that?

You don't specify the make/model of the notebook, but I had a similar
problem with one of my IBM Thinkpads (a 240) that was resolved by
upgrading the BIOS.  The problem showed up under 2.4 kernels - haven't
tested a 2.6 yet.  The laptop/mouse would freeze for a split second when
polling the battery. A BIOS update from IBM's web site fixed it.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!