Need Help - S3 KM133 CTX MS700 Combo

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Tue Nov 25 13:08:09 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 17:25, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Seg, 2003-11-24 às 16:38, Mauro Faccenda escreveu:
>
> > And get back to the savage driver:
> > Driver "savage"
> > You'll be able use the original driver, but still "unaccelerated".
>
> Oh yeah, I forgot: here fedora (and redhat9) installation runs on a
> resolution which goes out of my monitor also... I just press ctrl alt -
> and install it using 640x480 :-)

Thank for the info - from everyone who responded.

This guy in the store is going to put together a higher end system with
a newer video chipset (most likely NVidia) today. I'm going to burn him
a CD with the latest NVidia drivers (RPM format from those who have
posted earlier) to help get things running smoothly. He might try an
older version of Knoppix on that smaller, S3 video based system.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,