up2date error

Timothy S. Mori tim_mori at ncsu.edu
Tue Nov 25 14:54:42 UTC 2003

I was just reading about this because I'm going the opposite way and trying
to figure out how to use Yum.

<snip.. taken from the Fedora wiki>

In Fedora Core 1, up2date has the ability to use yum and apt repository. So
if you want to use up2date, edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources (as root) and
add :

yum fedora-us-stable-fc1
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/stable
yum fedora-us-testing-fc1
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/testing
yum fedora-us-unstable-fc1
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/unstable

Hope this is what you were looking for. If you have other users doing
updates, you might want to just use the stable link and leave out the
testing/unstable links.

Tim