The Fedora Core release notes suck!

Edward C. Bailey ed at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 19:48:53 UTC 2003

>>>>> "bill" == bill g <fedora_list at atlastreport.com> writes:

bill> Consider outlining the relation between Red Hat and Fedora.  It's
bill> implied several times, but not everyone will know about Fedora's
bill> lineage.

Good point...

bill> Dunno if it's appropriate for release notes, but updating might be
bill> worth a graf or two, especially using "official" vs "unofficial"
bill> packages, as well as yum vs up2date and all that.  Certainly prompts
bill> a lot of list traffic.

OK...

bill> Minor note: Move the copyright notices, etc., to the end of the
bill> notes.

Yeah, it is pretty cumbersome where it is now.

bill> BTW, the current notes are excellent.

I'm glad you think so, but I think they can be better (this is why I tend
to drive my wife crazy at times :-)

                                Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/