gamma correction

Cliff Kent cliff at villagevisions.com
Tue Nov 25 21:56:14 UTC 2003

Yes, that works great.

BUT... be sure to backup the working /etc/X11/XF86Config file and know
how to restore it without a GUI.

Because, if you add:

	Gamma	.9

X may not start. The proper entry would be:

	Gamma	0.9

It's all in the man page for XF86Config. But, it's still no fun if you
miss the pertinent paragraphs. <s>

"The values should be in the range 0.1 to 10.0, and the default is 1.0.
Not all drivers are capable of using this information."

I learned this the hard way... but it does work nicely once you get it:

	Gamma	0.8 0.85 0.88

cleans up the display color and gamma on my older monitor very well.

ck