accessing my windows hard drive

Paul Penrod ppenrod at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 26 15:23:54 UTC 2003

Christopher,

Are you sure about this?

I have NTFS partitions on shared drives and I have to use mount /dev/hda1
-t ntfs /mnt/windows. If the
paritions are from Windows 95/98/ME then I can see using vfat, msdos as the
modifier and having it
work.

Win2K,XP,NT requires the loading of the NTFS driver for RedHat 9.0 (which
RedHat never provided and SuSE
and Mandrake do). I have not loaded the NTFS drivers with FC1 yet. The ones
I have strongly suggest
that you do not write to the NTFS partitions with them as that code is not
stable.

...Paul

At 07:30 AM 11/26/2003, Men in grey suits forced Christophe Le Guern to type:
>On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:24:00 -0600
>Russ Edwards <redwards at scs.sk.ca> wrote:
>
> > I have my laptop dual booting.  For my work I need Windows about 1% of
> > the time.  How can I dump some files onto my windows partition so that I
> > can back them up?
>
>hello,
>
>you can mount the windows filesystem
>
>as root:
># mkdir /mnt/windows/
># mount -t msdos /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows/
>
>as long as /dev/hda1 is your windows partition of course
>you can also put this in /etc/fstab later
>
>christophe
>

>--

Managing good programmers/engineers is tantamount to herding cats...